Assistant Branch Manager
- Looking for a change in role or the next step in your career?
- Want to grow/develop your management skills?
- Want to work for a market leader in the hire industry?
As Assistant Branch Manager you'll play a key role, ensuring our customers receive the right equipment and support services at the right time. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and customer-focused individual, with a background or strong understanding of the hire or a related industry, looking to further develop their career in management.
The branch has a wide variety of hire plant so you need to have excellent product knowledge and strong customer relationship management skills to confidently field queries, provide advice, and put quotes/contracts together. You'll need to be competent to take on delegated management responsibilities and help out wherever needed to get the job done.
What you'll do:
- Assist the Branch Manager with the day-to-day running of the branch
- Build relationships with key customers
- Provide hire plant advice and support to customers from a variety of industries
- Coach and support your team in developing their own skills
What we can offer:
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A great team-working environment
- Wide range of employee benefits including free staff hire in our DIY fleet
What you'll also need:
- Full Class 1 NZ driver licence (other classes/endorsements an advantage)
- An intermediate level of computer skills
- Willingness to work rostered weekends as some of our branches are open 7 days
Hirepool was established in 1955 and over that time we've grown to become the national leader in the hire industry. Our equipment ranges from lawnmowers to 30-tonne excavators, portable toilets to 40metre marquees, cars to 10-tonne trucks. It means we provide our services to a really diverse customer base; everyone from big names in infrastructure and construction to independent contractors and first-time DIY-ers all the way from Whangarei to Invercargill.