Small Engine Mechanic
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A great team-working environment
- Wide range of employee benefits including free staff hire in our DIY fleet
Do you really want to work with a team that makes a difference? Do you want to work in a business where no two days are the same? Do you want to work with a wide range of plant that will test your skills? Do you want to be part of team with a diverse set of skills who make a real difference to the success of our business?
We need someone who can make that difference.
Our team is looking for a Branch Mechanic who's either trade-qualified or has significant relevant experience to work on a variety of hire plant (both Petrol and Diesel). It's a busy role with a fluctuating schedule of work so no two days are the same - it's a great opportunity to learn new skills and develop your existing product knowledge. There's always a lot going on in the branch so you need to be prepared to help out your team with whatever gets the job done.
What you'll do:
- Repair and maintenance of a wide variety of hire plant
- Provide expert assistance to colleagues and customers in the branch
- Attend breakdowns/scheduled maintenance on customer sites
- Support and guide newer team members
What you will need:
- A Full Class 1 Driver Licence (other Classes and Endorsements an advantage)
- Basic - Intermediate computer skills
- A can-do attitude
Hirepool was established in 1955 and over that time we've grown to become the national leader in the hire industry. Our equipment ranges from lawnmowers to 30-tonne excavators, portable toilets to 40metre marquees, cars to 10-tonne trucks and our specialist generation division. It means we provide our services to a really diverse customer base; everyone from big names in infrastructure and construction to independent contractors and first time DIY-ers all the way from Whangarei to Invercargill.