What we can offer:
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A great team-working environment
- Wide range of employee benefits including free staff hire in our DIY fleet
Our Christchurch Workshop is looking for someone with previous experience in industrial or automotive painting to join the team as a Prep/Painter. This role covers the end-to-end of the prep/paint process (with occasional panel beating when required) and is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience working on a variety of heavy machinery.
Working in a small team with a high-volume workload, you need to be good at managing your own workload and producing quality work in a timely manner. As part of a larger workshop team you'll also need to help out elsewhere around the workshop.
What you'll do:
- Carry out the preparation and painting of all relevant hire plant
- Keep accurate records on all painting related activities, keeping the Workshop Manager informed of any issues
- Effectively order all equipment and products as needed
What you need:
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information
- Basic computer skills and good record management techniques
- Whilst a trade qualification is preferable, any relevant industry experience would be considered
Who we are:
Hirepool was established in 1955 and over that time we've grown to become the national leader in the hire industry. Our equipment ranges from lawnmowers to 30-tonne excavators, portable toilets to 40metre marquees, cars to 10-tonne trucks. It means we provide our services to a really diverse customer base; everyone from big names in infrastructure and construction to independent contractors and first time DIY-ers all the way from Whangarei to Invercargill.