- Work with a variety of hire plant
- Customer-facing role providing on-site assistance
- Great team environment
At our workshops we maintain and repair wide variety of gear and we're currently looking for a Workshop Mechanic to join the team. You need to be experienced working with a wide variety of plant including compressors, excavators, rollers, loaders and other small and heavy machinery. We'd also like you to have a good working knowledge of hydraulic systems. This is a fantastic chance to join a growing business with a real opportunity to build on your existing skills and develop your career.
What you'll do:
- Diagnose and carry out repairs and preventative maintenance to hire plant
- Attend breakdowns/scheduled maintenance on customer sites as required (sometimes out of hours and occasionally overnight)
- Provide expert assistance and guidance either in our branches or on customer sites as required
What you need:
- A full Driver Licence (other Classes and Endorsements an advantage)
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information
- Basic to intermediate computer skills and good record management techniques
- Either a trade qualification or significant job experience working with heavy diesel engines and construction equipment
Who we are:
Hirepool was established in 1955 and over that time we've grown to become the national leader in the hire industry. Our equipment ranges from lawnmowers to 30-tonne excavators, portable toilets to 40-metre marquees, cars to 10-tonne trucks. It means we provide our services to a really diverse customer base; everyone from big names in infrastructure and construction to independent contractors and first-time DIY-ers all the way from Whangarei to Invercargill.
Providing essential services through a number of branches across NZ means Hirepool continues to recruit at this time. Please be assured that appropriate adjustments to our recruitment processes have been made to account for all Covid Alert Levels. We understand ongoing restrictions may impact exact start dates and can be flexible to account for individual situations.