Workshop Mechanics - (1 x Heavy Diesel & 1 x Small Engine)
- Opportunities for further training & the chance to develop new skills
- Generous staff hire policy
- A great team & working environment
- Monday - Friday
At our workshops we maintain and repair wide variety of gear and we're currently looking for two mechanics to join the team in Christchurch.
- Heavy Diesel - to work on heavy plant including compressors, excavators, rollers, loaders and other small and heavy diesel machinery
- Small Engine - to work on small engines and power tools
These are busy roles with a fluctuating schedule of work so no two days are the same. Both are a great opportunity to learn new skills and develop your existing product knowledge.
What you'll do:
- Diagnose and carry out repairs and preventative maintenance to hire plant
- Provide expert assistance and guidance to colleagues and customers either in our workshop or on customer sites as required
What you need:
- A full Driver Licence (other Classes and Endorsements an advantage)
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information
- Basic to intermediate computer skills and good record management techniques
- Either a trade qualification or significant relevant job experience
Who we are:
Hirepool was established in 1955 and over that time we've grown to become the national leader in the hire industry. Our equipment ranges from lawnmowers to 30-tonne excavators, portable toilets to 40metre marquees, cars to 10-tonne trucks. It means we provide our services to a really diverse customer base; everyone from big names in infrastructure and construction to independent contractors and first time DIY-ers all the way from Whangarei to Invercargill.