- Great on the job training (gain endorsements on forklifts, diggers, rollers & scissors lifts)
- A great team-working environment
- A wide range of employee benefits
Our branch in Wynyard Quarter is the only Hirepool branch open 24hours and provides customers all over Auckland access to product advice and equipment solutions at all times.
The branch is currently looking for someone with either a strong background in the hire industry or relevant specialist experience in one of the industries we support to join the team in a Customer Service role. As much as you'll be expected to provide high level support and sales advice to our customers over the phone and in the branch, you'll also be required to carry out minor repairs, servicing and routine maintenance of our equipment. This means you'll also need either hands on experience with the variety of hire plant we offer or have a relevant trade or technical qualification.
This is a great opportunity for someone with excellent industry knowledge, strong technical capabilities and a passion for building great customer relationships. As important though is being someone who is also prepared to get their hands dirty and help out wherever required to get the job done.
What you'll do:
- Provide specialist advice about our variety of hire plant and solutions
- Take reservations, raise contracts, and other administrative branch functions
- Carry out minor repairs, servicing and maintenance as required
- Explain and demonstrate safe operating processes
- Talk customers through technical difficulties with machine operation
What you'll need:
- Relevant industry or hire experience in a customer-facing role
- Significant mechanical/technical skills gained through work or professional training
- A Full Class 1 Driver Licence and intermediate computer skills
- Ability to work on a rostered basis (the branch is open 7 days)
Hirepool was established in 1955 and over that time we've grown to become the national leader in the hire industry. Our equipment ranges from lawnmowers to 30-tonne excavators, portable toilets to 40metre marquees, cars to 10-tonne trucks. It means we provide our services to a really diverse customer base; everyone from big names in infrastructure and construction to independent contractors and first time DIY-ers all the way from Whangarei to Invercargill.