- Responsible for a nationwide portfolio of light industrial/retail properties
- Varied, exciting and broad property management role with opportunity for growth
- Exposure to a wide range of property related matters
With 70 locations between Whangarei and Invercargill, Hirepool is looking for a Property Manager to join the team at our National Support Office (NSO) in Penrose. Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer your role will be to manage all aspects of our property portfolio in line with the company's annual business and strategic plan. You'll have close working relationships with senior management, branch operations teams and other support functions at the NSO.
Ideally you will have a relevant tertiary qualification but most importantly you need demonstrable proficiency gained from experience within a commercial property management environment. It's a role that requires strong commercial, analytical and communication skills and for you to be adept at negotiation, working autonomously and ensuring your contribution helps keep our operations running smoothly.
The position has extensive and complex relationships to manage both internally and externally so we need a team player who leads by example, wants the best for our people and our customers and is excited to contribute to the ongoing success of our business across New Zealand.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Manage Hirepool's lease renewal and rent review profile and processes in accordance with agreed timeframes and negotiate with landlords and lawyers
- Manage any subtenant leases; work closely with real estate agents and engage with landlords where appropriate
- Work with senior management on property strategy initiatives and implementing these
- Identify acquisition opportunities, engage with the market and lead the project construction process
- Lead company redevelopment and/or upgrade projects across the portfolio
- Financial and budget management across operating expenses & capital expenditure for the property division
- Ensure compliance requirements of properties are met and undertake property service requirements for the business
- Lead RFP processes to ensure property service requirements and manage existing property suppliers.
Other essentials skills and attributes include:
- 5+ years property management experience
- Extensive contract management expertise
- Networks and connections with the property industry
- Full Class 1 Driver Licence